Friday, January 14, 2011

Anamanaguchi - Dawn Metropolis (V0)


I spent my childhood playing SNES and Sega genesis, and that's completely unrelated to this album being that I have no memory of playing them at all other than actually doing the act, oh and that one level in Donkey Kong Country 2 or 3, whichever one you were the girl and the baby (not Diddy) and I think it was the lava level and I kept losing and, well I don't know where the fuck I'm going with this.

I guess my point is, this is a happy, childlike album, made up of all your favorite 8bit sounds but also using actual instruments to make it even more awesome. Now, you could turn away now and say this is too childish and stupid to look into, or you could look into this because of how much you love childhood (in which case you should just click the link and stop reading, because there's nothing more after this), but this isn't a novelty album. This isn't Cee-lo's "Fuck You" which will in time be looked back as nothing more than a novelty hit played as much in movie scenes as "Walking on Sunshine", this is an actual piece of artistic work created with the idea of making you re-experience the one time in your childhood where you were in an actual trance without the use of drugs, the time that you spent playing video games. You probably won't find another album as happy and childlike as this without hitting some kind of joke act or something terribly un-listenable to, so this is your only choice, John Conner.
Get the album if you want to live.

This is going to make your underpants wet.

This is what you should download while you're getting a new pair.

No comments:

Post a Comment