Monday, January 24, 2011

Thievery Corporation - The Mirror Conspiracy (V1)


Hey guys,

I'm Peter, the new blogger on animationmusicvolume. I am a hipster from Fairfax, Virginia and enjoy a good variety of music that I hope to bring to here. I wanna add that I am a little bit different than everyone else on here because I am a bigger electronic music listener.

First off I wanna make my first post of a band that I have been listening to and following for a few years now. Thievery Corporation, a trip-hop duo based out of the nation's capitol of Washington, D.C. I was first introduced to them while on a vacation trip in Hawaii by two 40 year old surfers who ran a para-sailing company. I would say that that's a great way to be introduced to a band right? Back to the duo, Thievery Corporation has used their music to take a stand in political scenes around the world with some of their tracks like "Amerimacka."

Anyway, this is their second debut album. It was released in 2000 and had one of their biggest hits "Lebanese Blonde," which is included in the OST of the movie Garden State. This album is a lot more down tempo then some of their other ones though, so keep that in mind. If you are a fan of trip-hop then I would recommend giving this album a shot and trying their other stuff.

Download the album here or buy it here.

No comments:

Post a Comment