Monday, December 20, 2010

The Knife - Silent Shout (FLAC)


The Knife's Silent Shout is one of the most innovative albums I've ever heard. Ranging from very atmospheric, almost ambient songs like "The Captain," to synthpop songs with a focus on vocals such as "Marble House," this album is all over the electronica map. It's dark, it's pop, it's dance, everything. Karin Dreijer Andersson is probably the best vocalist in the electronic scene right now. That voice will be in your head for days to come. Although her and the other half of The Knife - Olof Dreijer - are both Swedish, this album is sung entirely in English. Even so, I can't quite tell you what all this album is about. I've heard that the album is based off of the Black Hole comics by Charles Burns. The extent of what I know is that it has to do with a fictional STD that causes it's victims to become mutated... quite strange, I know. The album definitely portrays that strangeness, no doubt, in a whole new light.

To summarize, if you're at all interested in the electronic music scene, I highly recommend this album. It will hold your attention for most - if not the whole 11 track ride, and the constant change of sound should keep you guessing as to what's coming next.

Highlights: Silent Shout, Marble House, Forest Families

Music, tonight. I just want your music tonight.
Download in V2.

No comments:

Post a Comment