Monday, December 20, 2010

The Microphones - The Glow Pt. 2 (FLAC)


It was Saturday, October 30th to be exact, and it must of been around 3:40 am as I stood out on the corner of some barely alive street with a few other people waiting for the same bus as me to take us to Washington D.C. for what would end up being a hugely disappointing John Stewart/Steven Colbert rally. I got on the bus that was already full and found the only open window seat and sat down, my friend sat next to me and I promptly told him:

"As soon as the bus gets out of the streets and onto the highway, I'm turning on music and completely losing my connection to reality."

The bus reached the highway around 4:40 am at which point I was still completely awake. I turned on The Glow Pt. 2 and was ready to give an album that I had been interested in for over 2 years its first listen. By the end of it I was confused and had no fucking clue whether I liked it or not, so I turned it on again. After that second listen, I was certain.

This was my new favorite album ever. For 5 years In Utero stood as the greatest album I had ever heard, but finally, I found something better. Folk incorporating noise rock, experimenting with song structure, using enough crunchy distortion (some of it sounding unintentional, which made it seem even better) to make me think I was chewing a never-ending amount of Dorito's (possibly Cool Ranch, but ever since they changed the packaging cool ranch tastes like shit).

It's been 7 days now since I first heard this album, and it's only 30 plays away from being my most listened album on my last.fm.

If you haven't heard it, prepare to be amazed.
v0 here

3 comments:

  1. I was listening to this today and planning to post it as well :(

    Perfect fall music!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i might have gone and killed you if you did

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi is there any way you could repost this. I can't find a FLAC version anywhere! Please please please

    ReplyDelete