Sunday, October 31, 2010

Arsonists Get All The Girls - Portals (FLAC)


I admit it: I am a huge sucker for a good deathcore album. And this, dearest of readers, is a good deathcore album. After the departure of vocalist Cameron Reed, AGATG found a little vocalist named Jared Monette to record their latest album, Portals; let it be known that this guy kicks some serious ass, and I think I might prefer his voice to Camerons.

Regardless, most of the same instrumental components of their previous albums are still there: brutal drumming, unrelenting bass hooks, powerful guitarmanship, and an insane synthesizer element. The main difference in this album compared to their others is that their music seems to be tighter and more well-composed, and there is a noticeable lack of high-pitched screeching vocals -- which many would consider to be a nice change of pace, including myself. Some of the highlight songs off of this record are Skiff For The Suits, I Lost My Loss Of Ruin (which ends in a pretty epic piano & drum piece), and To Playact In Static. All in all, the band manages to put out another amazing album that goes beyond your typical deathcore sound, and one that will definitely be on my playlist for a long time to come.

Download it here.

No comments:

Post a Comment