Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Baths - Cerulean (V0)


Being a person who, in the last 6 months, has come to truly love and appreciate the artists on the record label anticon., I began having a real thirst for acquiring albums by the members of the indie-famous Collective. Even though my computer was not enabled to download, and my wallet was not enabled to buy, I really could not shake the feeling of wanting to hear more.

My quest began with the chill wave-y, acoustic/electronic sounds of Baths, but let me tell you: trying to appreciate an album while listening to it via YouTube is bad news bears. Even so, I still came to love Cerulean, in all of its organic flow and glory. If the word softness could be represented by a sound, this album would be the perfect choice. Cerulean is most definitely on my list for best of 2010, and Baths has earned a well-deserved spot on my radar.

Favorite songs: Lovely Bloodflow, Maximalist, Aminals, Hall, You're My Excuse to Travel

My Rating: 9.8/10

Get yourself some here.

No comments:

Post a Comment