Saturday, November 6, 2010

Nick Drake - Pink Moon (V0)


We're in the middle of fall, and every year I find myself gravitating back to this album. This was the first album I ever gave to a girl, it comprised most of my listening throughout high school, and it has always comforted me when, like now, I find trees shedding their leaves and weather slowly growing colder. Nick Drake is proof that there is beauty in solitude; his songs are deeply personal, at times somber and austere, at others beautifully heart warming. Pink Moon is very short, at around thirty minutes, but each moment is so vivid and sincere that you'll want to go back to it over and over again.

Sailing downstairs to the northern line,
Watching the shine of the shoes,
And hearing the trials of the people there,
Who's to care if they lose?

1 comment: