Friday, September 3, 2010

Wild Nothing - Gemini (320)


Earlier in 2010, I was becoming less aware of what my personal album of the year would be. Other albums had worn thin since I had heard them, and I needed something fresh on my plate. Being a big fan of the shoegaze and dream pop genres, I was excited to learn about the release of Gemini (albeit a little late). Gemini is an album that quietly speaks of being a teenager with a background of light, distorted guitar, catchy drum beats and friendly synths. This album is extremely consistent, with just enough variation between songs to not be repetitive. I find that there isn't a song on the album that I don't like; but it still lacks a little something. It could be the growing familiarity that comes with each consecutive listen.

Gemini is an album that you will like right away, but not necessarily an album that continues to draw your attention in different ways every time you give it another listen. Not to say that it isn't great, because it most definitely is.

Favorite tracks: Confirmation, The Witching Hour, Chinatown, Gemini

My rating: 8.6/10

Getcha self some here.

No comments:

Post a Comment